Our mission is to find, map, photograph and catalogue every stinkpipe in the Greater London area, though out of London is welcome too. Please send your stinkpipe pics here or to stinkpipes@gmail.com Twitter: @stinkpipes Holder of 6Music's Geek of the Week accolade, 1st October 2011

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Beckenham - The Avenue

I received a heads up that there were some rather nice stinkpipes in Beckenham, on the Avenue. So I used my new favourite tool to find pictures - Google Streetview. Here they are. They do look rather sexy, and in very good condition. I understand these were used to burn the gas off and provide street lighting. 

My aim is to get down there as soon as I can and get some proper pics with my new camera. 





1 comment:

  1. Yes they are on the route of the Capial Ring and nicely green if not stinky.

    ReplyDelete