Our mission is to find, map, photograph and catalogue every stinkpipe in the Greater London area, though out of London is welcome too. Please send your stinkpipe pics here or to stinkpipes@gmail.com Twitter: @stinkpipes Holder of 6Music's Geek of the Week accolade, 1st October 2011

Sunday, 13 January 2013

We're Back

Contrary to rumours, I have not died or lost interest. I've been off exploring. This post will shortly be my stinkpipe update entry for Janaury 2013....

....watch this space!!

On a blog called Teakay's Blog - there have been sitings as far abroad as Kettering:

What on earth is a stinkpipe? 
"I've learnt something new, and it's not that I can't take a decent photograph to save my life.
I'm trying to lose weight, and part of this is going for a brisk walk a few times a week. My standard route takes me around the town in which I live and, after having walked and driven past something numerous times in the last five years I finally noticed it.
The photograph to the left shows what I noticed. At ground level it disguises itself as a lamppost, if a rusty-green, old-style variety. With so many posts of different kinds it's difficult to miss something that's a bit different, but notice it I did. I took a photograph of it at the time, too: you can see it and the resultant conversation (including druids and aliens) on my G+ post here.
I figured that, looking like a rusty-green, old-style lamp post, it was just a rusty-green, old-style lamp post. But as someone who just can't help looking up, I did just that and saw that its top end just didn't swing with that particular hypothesis."

subsequent convo


another convo - this one on Haringey online


and a little historical tour, includes a stinkpipe - a place called Somerton...

2 comments:

  1. There are quite a few stink pipes in Eastbourne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this informative and interesting blog I think it's very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete